Software Development Cycle
All projects undertaken by ByteCrafts are subject to detailed analysis and planning that ensure the quality of the final product and the satisfaction of the client.
Below are the steps that are followed for each project from the initial contact with the client until the final sign off:
1. Discovery: During the initial meeting we will attempt to identify your specific needs. We will discuss the features and the design of the project. Once the feature set is complete you will receive a proposal outlining the project, a timeline and final price. After you approve the proposal we can continue with the rest of the steps.
2. Information Architecture: We will sort the information of the project and define the categories and sections. We will also give you access to our project management system where you will be able to see the project's development plan, milestones and related assets, and provide feedback.
3. Wireframes/Comps: Our designer will create a comp of the software's design, which is essentially a picture of the site. This will provide a visual representation of the final result allowing you to see what goes where and whether it is what you want to achieve visually. We will go through a few iterations of the design until you are satisfied.
4. Implementation: This phase is split into the below:
- Alpha: initial setup and implementation of the comp, basic functionality.
- Beta: more complicated functionality is added, the site is almost fully functional the only thing that remains is tweaking and polishing.
- Final version: the final software is complete and ready for launch.
5. Content population/Data Migration: this phase is where you will have to populate your software's content; i.e. write the text, add photos, videos or whatever else you would like. In some cases, when the site is being migrated from an older existing system, this phase entails transferring the data to the new software.
6. Changes: minor modifications and fixes. In line with the open source philosophy ByteCrafts provides all of its clients with the complete source code to any projects completed with us, maintaining the right to re-use it in future projects.
7. Launch: the site is ready to go live! It is moved from the development and testing enviroment to its permanet URL where it can be accessed by the general public.
8. Bugs/Support: for an agreed upon period of time ByteCrafts will fix any bugs. After this period, and if the client requires, a maintenance agreement will be setup to accommodate future support requests.